Return to Index of Answers
- 1. Now the woman in the house takes counsel with her mother-in-law
- 2. Even though the moon is only in the sky, still the boys think “the moon also dwells in the lake”.
- 3. The man says to the woman – o wife, we rejoice together with our son.
- 4. The elephants plunge into the water of the lake. They think “ the moon also plunges here!”.
- 5. The jackals see the elephant in the forest. They praise the power of the elephant.
- 6. Just as the moon grows in the sky, so the girl grows in the house.
- 7. When the mother seed the girl, then she rejoices.
- 8. O wife, today I ask you – “don’t leave me”.
- 9. The forest is above the mountain. Today in the forest the elephants are dying.
- 10. The king is depressed by his friend’s words, but he says – “I rejoice when I see you o friend”.
- 11. Even if I blame my wife, even so I praise her, but she never praises me.
- 12. when the boy falls down from the tree, then he trembles. The father says – “I never climb the tree”.
- 13. People think me a poet, however I never wrote poetry. With a poem the poet rejoices. I suffer through poems. I long for the sciences.
- 14. My wife rejoices in the words of her mother. But I am depressed by my mother-in-law’s words.
- 15. Even if today you praise me for the sake of wealth, yesterday you certainly despised me.
- 16. Just as jackals devour meat, so my misery consumes me.
- 17. In this country people do not get happiness, but in that country they also don’t get food.
- 18. Since I think of you today, then tomorrow you also should think of me.
The woman I think of, does not think of me,
The man who she thinks of, does not think of her,
He thinks of she, who does not think of him:
Who does she think of? She thinks of me!
- 20. The woman rejoices in the forest which the sage is in.